So right now my brain is taken up with rehearsals for the workshop we are presenting on Thursday and Friday. It is called LET'S GO:
(I took that picture of Jordan and Geo on a beach in Oregon in mid-February).
So LET'S GO is a very artsy, non-linear, collage-style piece that shows us exploring WAITING FOR GODOT (you may all remember this play from my senior year of high school, when I played Vladimir.) GODOT is an absolute masterpiece. A beautiful, funny, sad, profound play about two men waiting on a road, underneath a dead tree, for someone named Godot, who never comes. In the meantime, Vladimir and Estragon do a lot of vaudeville-style physical comedy (pants falling down, funny Charlie Chaplin-style hat tricks) and they try to remember what they did the day before and why they are there, waiting. It is a timeless metaphor for our existence on earth, and how we pass the time, and what it all means. The last lines of the play are:
So that's what I'VE been doing!
I also went to a wedding shower on Sunday for my good friends Shana and Rob. Shana and I have been friends since we did the Directing Lab at Lincoln Center together. So, the night before the shower I realized I hadn't bought her a gift, so Sunday morning before we left I walked up and down Graham Ave near my apartment searching for a store that was open that could sell me something for her bathroom or kitchen, which was the theme of the shower. I ended up getting her $20 worth of soap at a deli on the corner and putting it in a bag from the 99 cent store. Ugh! I'm a bad friend. But I will be flying down to Atlanta for her wedding, so that makes me a good friend.
Jay got an electric blanket the other day and I got under it for the first time last night and it was awesome! That means the summer is officially over! (i've been in denial for awhile).
I got a calendar at Duane Read the other day called KITTENS AND PUPPIES 2009. Here's the cover picture:
So LET'S GO is a very artsy, non-linear, collage-style piece that shows us exploring WAITING FOR GODOT (you may all remember this play from my senior year of high school, when I played Vladimir.) GODOT is an absolute masterpiece. A beautiful, funny, sad, profound play about two men waiting on a road, underneath a dead tree, for someone named Godot, who never comes. In the meantime, Vladimir and Estragon do a lot of vaudeville-style physical comedy (pants falling down, funny Charlie Chaplin-style hat tricks) and they try to remember what they did the day before and why they are there, waiting. It is a timeless metaphor for our existence on earth, and how we pass the time, and what it all means. The last lines of the play are:
ESTRAGON: Well, shall we go?So CollaborationTown has taken this play and combined it with the story of a neuroscientist who had a stroke, reached Nirvana, and was able to study it all while it happened (she was on Oprah yesterday!) The result is a meditation on waiting, searching, relationships, existence, and happiness.
VLADIMIR: Yes, let's go.
They do not move.
So that's what I'VE been doing!
I also went to a wedding shower on Sunday for my good friends Shana and Rob. Shana and I have been friends since we did the Directing Lab at Lincoln Center together. So, the night before the shower I realized I hadn't bought her a gift, so Sunday morning before we left I walked up and down Graham Ave near my apartment searching for a store that was open that could sell me something for her bathroom or kitchen, which was the theme of the shower. I ended up getting her $20 worth of soap at a deli on the corner and putting it in a bag from the 99 cent store. Ugh! I'm a bad friend. But I will be flying down to Atlanta for her wedding, so that makes me a good friend.
Jay got an electric blanket the other day and I got under it for the first time last night and it was awesome! That means the summer is officially over! (i've been in denial for awhile).
I got a calendar at Duane Read the other day called KITTENS AND PUPPIES 2009. Here's the cover picture:

3 comments:
Matt! I love your blog - soaps from a deli???? So funny!
Is Sophie in your calander?
7 days since your last blog!!!!
Post a Comment