Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Disney World!



Jay and I got back last night from Disney World! It was a really really awesome trip, and I got to see why Jay loves it so much. I think Jay and I made a good team there, because we both enjoyed running from ride to ride (or "attraction" to "attraction") and we weren't afraid to elbow little children and elderly couples out of the way in order to be first in line.

The first day we spent the whole day at Magic Kingdom. So fun! Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Moutain Railroad (there are lots of mountains in Disney World). An unexpected favorite was the Winnie the Pooh ride. I also really liked the Carousel of Progress, and Stitch's Big Escape. Unfortunately, the Hall of Presidents was closed (maybe to make room for a certain new President?)



The next day we did Hollywood Studios (used to be called Disney-MGM Studios) and Epcot. At Hollywood Studios, we did the Tower of Terror (so fun!), the Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, and the Muppets 3D movie (we loved this one! They spray water on you in the theater!) The only ride that made me sick was the Star Wars ride. That ride sucked.



At Epcot we searched for a hot dog for Jay (this was a major part of the day) and then went to see the World Showcase. Jay bought some french fries and as he was walking away from the stand, a seagull hit him in the head and knocked the fries out of his hands. Then about 20 birds all swooped down and picked the fries clean in about 10 seconds. Jay was traumatized, but luckily got another thing of fries.

That night we met his friends Colleen and Andrew and their two kids who live nearby. We went on Test Track (which was a really fun car racing ride) and Soarin', which was like hang gliding over California (when you go through the pine forests, they pipe in the smell of pine!) It was amazing.



The next day we went to Animal Kingdom, the newest Disney park. They just opened a new roller coaster, Expedition Everest, so we went on that. Really fun! You go backwards in the dark! Scary. They also have a ride called Dinosaur! which is also scary. You are racing through the dark in a car and dinosaurs jump out at you and scare you. At one point, a scary dinosaur popped out and made a REALLY loud sound and they took a picture of your car right when it happened. So when you get out at the end, you see the face you made. I was horrified!!!! (Jay looked bored).

This trip was really fun, and made me a fan of Disney World for life. I can't wait to go again with you guys!

Also, a special note to Kylie and Aidan:

While in the Magic Kingdom, I was walking near Cinderella's castle, and I ran into Cinderella and Mickey Mouse. They gave me some presents and told me to give them to Kylie and Aidan. So I held on to them and the next time I see them, I'm going to surprise them with it.

Cinderella, by the way, is very beautiful, and Mickey Mouse is very handsome (for a mouse). They were very nice and sprinkled magic fairy dust and me and Jay!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

OMG!!!! I am still laughing about the seagull knocking over Jay's french fries!!! And Kylie is trying to figure out how Cinderella and Mickey Mouse know her and Aidan's names!