Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Upstate!



Jay and I are upstate for the week in his childhood town of Whitesboro, NY. As faithful readers of this blog may remember, we went last summer too. This time, however, we are traveling in style:



That's Jay driving our cute silver CONVERTIBLE!



Today we went to the Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute in downtown Utica, NY. We saw some great stuff! Part of the art museum is in a big mansion that the rich people who started the museum used to live in. We found out that 60% of the museum's operating budget is from the original money they left in their will 150 years ago!

Here's a map of Whitesboro:


School is about to start here in New York and it is making me think of Kylie starting kindergarten. I'm so happy she's doing so well and enjoying it so much!

The weather here is crazy. 40 degrees in the morning and 77 during the day. It is clear and sunny and beautiful. Tomorrow we are going to Fort Stanwix, which is an old Revolutionary War fort. One of the bloodiest battles of the Revolutionary War (the Battle of Oriskany) was fought in the next town! I love that history. When Jay and I travel cross country to LA, I'm pushing to include a stop at the Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock. Amy--I'll send you a postcard! :) Jay is pushing to stop at Sonic Burger.

4 comments:

aichiba said...

Love it! When you get to LA be sure to go to the Reagan library. Mik and I went before the Air Force One exhibit was opened - I bet that is sooo cool :)

Mattie said...

I can't wait to go to the Reagan library! And Nixon, too, once we're out there. And W too, once that is open!

Cindy said...

There's PLENTY of Sonic's in Dallas :)

Jenny said...

I love the graphics!